Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sweet Freedom!

Being a step parent sucks butt! It is the hardest, most under-appreciated, and unfun job in the world. Some mom's think they are under-appreciated, but really it is the step-mothers of this world who have it rough. All the blood, sweat and tears, none of the glory or the fun stuff.

But, after 7 loooong weeks of having my step children, they have returned to their mom's house and I am free like the wind. I can step back and take a breath and enjoy the fact that it will be 4 whole months before they return.

After 7 weeks, two broken computers, 40 dinners, 1 billion mediated arguments, $400 dollars in daycare, 75 loads of laundry, saying close the door 6600 times, two visits with the in-laws and waking up at 5:30 in the morning 35 times... I get a break! I might be a lousy step parent, but Lord knows I need this break, I've deserved the break and I'm taking the break. Until my own children return from two weeks of vacation with their dad on Friday, I'm not cooking, I'm not cleaning, I'm not doing laundry and no one is allowed to tell me they are hungry or bored. What will I do? For the next 5 1/2 days I will be running around the house naked and eating nothing but cookies and ice cream! Please, do not disturb.

-The Short of it

No comments: