Monday, July 28, 2008

Anonymous....

I understand that having an addiction is hard, I'm not denying that. I, myself, have never had an addiction so I can not fully understand the full range of crap that comes with it. However, I do believe there are some general things that most rational people can agree on when it comes to addictions.

With that in mind.....I was told by a friend (and I use that term in the loosest sense of the word) that her addiction, gambling, was "the worst addiction you can have." I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure someone addicted to meth would disagree with that statement!

At what point in our society did we start comparing our bad habits and judging which is the worst? This girl was seriously proud that her addiction was the "worst!" Drugs and alcohol change the chemistry of your brain forever....what exactly does putting a quarter in a slot machine do to your biology? Nothing!! Get over yourself!

**The Long of it**

No comments: